Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Wet weekend

In Melbourne lately it's been humid.

We Victorians can handle the heat. We get heat down from the deserts and it is bloody HOT!

But the humidity kills us. I know it knocks me around a bit. As I've said previously, my brother lives in Townsville and I've never been there due to the humidity. Couldn't handle it.

It seems that the humidity has come to Melbourne. On the weekends I work behind the bar at the Bowls Club I am a member of. Two weekends ago, I thought the blokes were going to fall over due to the heat, which saw the games called off just after 3, due to excessive heat. On Saturday, it was the opposite.

The game was called off because of too much rain. The picture to the right shows the synthetic green under water. It rained for about 2 hours, and they called the game off at just after 3 PM. (I only got there just after 1, and they had boled two ends before the rain came and called it off.) 3 PM is the traditional time for afternoon tea. This is a nice salad roll, and a cup of coffee. In previous years, I used to get a plate of mixed sandwiches, which was my preference, but it was too time consuming for the ladies to make, so it's now a roll.

Anyway, in the photo, you can see Lake Auburn. This is the name given to the synthetic green at ABC. The islands you see are when the air gets under the mat and lifts it, because it is on a sand base. The game ended pretty quickly, once the rain started, as the bowls are still on the green as is a mat. It was wet.

Since the game was called off, most of the members stayed in the bar for a few, but most went home to do other things. As I was behind the bar, I just poured beers and enjoyed the merriment.

Before the game I did have a lovely Korean feed from the great Kimchi Lunch Box in Glenferrie Road. I love Kimchi I need it about once a month. When I was in Seoul, I used to get it from the supermarkets for nix, and some of it was hot! The hottest food I've ever had has been Korean. Some I had once almost stopped time. I was like Homer Simpson on the Spine Melder 2000.

I was going to get a photo of the lunch box with BBQ Pork (spicy), but my partner called and I got a bit muddled up.

I will be be a bit better of photos now. That photo above was taken with the N70, so they are not too bad for photo work. I would have preferred the G6, but it was at home, and as you can see, it was wet, so I wasn't going to go home and get it.

More as it comes it, dude.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home