Wednesday, January 18, 2006

It's been a while

I know I've been slack, but that's how it goes. Besides it was Xmas and I am slack. Done.

Anyway, last week I was in Mildura. Now it was hot. The offical temp recorded was 42 degrees. No way. A reliable source told me that the temp gauge in the main drag said 45 at 3 PM, and that the Council had to get the water trucks out to water some roads as the asphalt was startign to run off them. Nice. They record the temps out of town and in the shade so as to not scare the tourists. Fuck it was hot, it scared me, and I was up there on work.

WhenI booked into my room, I stretched out on the bed. It was warm, I actually said out loud 'they've left the electric blanket on'. No they didn't. The heat was so much in the room that the beds were warm all the way through. I left the a/c on when I went across the road to the Working Man's Club for a feed. Nice scotch fillet for $21 thank you. When I came back the room was only just starting to cool down. That was after 3 and a bit hours of the a/c being on. Don't think I was at the club for 3 hours, as I was not.

Anyway, it ended up that I did a three day run in two days. I did just under 1300 kms in the two days. That was a pretty fair effort, let me tell you, and I was a little tired for some time after that. And I had to drive from Birchip to Sea Lake without a/c because I thought I was going to run out of fuel, now that was one hot drive.

Work have given us new phones. We also got updated car kits. I have an N70. I was meant to get a Motorola A1000, but the car kit was going to be months away, so I worded up the dude and got a N70. Interestingly, I am the only one in the whole place with a N70, everyone else got dudded and got the previous model. When they signed up to the deal, they were told that everyone woudl get the N70, turns out that they must have had a lot of stock sitting around, and they all got the previous model. Except me. The car kit is noisy! Bumps and thumps when it connects up. My old phone was like this too, so it must have something to do with something.

The new phones are on the 3 network. Now, I've only been on Telstra and Optus, and they were fine. This network seems to have some issues. Coverage is patchy in the city, and the extra enhancements such as video calling only work in the metro areas. Most of my use is in the bush, so it roams onto Telstra. Makes you think whey they didn't jsut stick with Telstra or Optus, but I am not as smart as some.

Anyway, I found this site. How great is that?!!! I would love to see performing cats! That's great. When are they coming here?

Also, I found this site too. I don't mind this site, but I think B3TA offers the slacker a bit more. I particularly like this. As it appeals to my immature sense of humour. There is a lot there to amuse anyone.

I've also purchased some items from ebay. some undies and a jacket. Pretty flash. Best get back into it. Check out mu Flikr site on the links at the side, as I have uploaded all the photos from my European jaunt. Cheers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home