Monday, November 21, 2005

Here come Xmas!

It is now only five weeks to Xmas. Jeez, that has come up quickly. It was only last year that I was complaining about the season. This year it is different. I have taken to being nice about Xmas. I guess it’s because there are some reasons to be cheerful (part 3).

My sister is up the duff and expecting in the New Year, that’s good news, and my niece is looking better than ever, after her troubles earlier this year. Although she is still young and will probably prefers the paper to the toys. But don’t we all.

Most Xmas’s at our place involve Dad banging on about putting the paper in the bag, someone else getting a present for someone else, due to the complicated nature of our Xmas day, and mum needing a nap in the afternoon after making a 14 course banquet, with little or no help from dad. That’s not entirely true, dad does light the BBQ. And he yells at you for opening the lid too often.

A couple of years ago, my nephews from Townsville were down. Shit, they make a lot of noise. Good on them. We managed to stir them up a bit, which is always fun. And they were keen to get me beer, which is also fun.

Anyway, I have recently sent my partner a list of potential presents. Here they are either this one, or this radio from Tivoli audio. I already have the table radio, and with the iPod, and since I travel a bit, the radios in motels are shit or non existent so one of those would be good for me.

The other is this. I reckon it looks great. I live in a flat so I can’t have an animal companion, but a robot that talks – tres bein! It walks around and talks by itself and fights stuff. Now that’s what I’m after. I will train him to be my slave. He can get me things from the fridge. I’ve heard you say, he can’t do that! He will fucking learn how to. Otherwise he might get a foot up his robotic arse. He can follow a laser pointed on the ground too. I am going to have fun walking him into walls!

The other present is a watch (it's the one with the blue face). It is the same one worn by Steve McQueen in 'Le Mans'. It's pretty pricey, so I don't think I'll be seeing it until I win Tatts. Come on George, Tatts me outa here!

I will have to wait and see what Father Christmas brings me won’t I. After getting a PS2 last year, anything is possible, and Xmas is truly a time of miracles!

Here's a photo of a mate and I at another mate's wedding. Christ she looks small next two those two handsome chaps who have obviously been in a good paddock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home