Friday, November 11, 2005

On line photos

I have started to upload my photos onto my Flikr site. Mind you, there are a few. I will put them up as I can.

I have also been to South Korea, as my friend from university Phillip lives over there now. Here is a photo of him and his mate when we went out to a Korean BBQ, he is on the right, I think it is Garry who is next to him. Garry was a nice bloke too, who moved to Singapore, I think. I only met him once. Seemed like a nice bloke. I hope to get back to Seoul one day, as it is a lot of fun and also very cheap. I have Google Earth installed so I get to see all the places I have been before. Fuck, it is a long way to Europe. That is the reason for the thought of going back to Korea. It is a great place. It was cold there too in Nov 04. Not that bad though.

I also hope to take my partner, as I think she would enjoy it. It is different from anywhere she has been, and it is only about 14 hours from Melbourne, all up, opposed to 28 or something to London.

Anyway here is a photo of the palace near the centre of Seoul. I mainly only stayed in Seoul, as it was kinda difficult to get out of there by myself. And I had a couple of massive freak outs, which I am not proud of, but stiff shit, that’s how it goes.

Seoul is a very big city. And I think this added to my freak outs, as I was not used to so many people in the one place. There are a lot of people. I don't know why I freaked out, perhaps it was the long trip over, probably. The second freak out was after the photo above of Phil. I had a bit too much Cass, and thought I lost stuff. It ended up with me yelling at the poor cabbie and other unpleasantness. Oh well. Can't win them all.

I did go to the DMZ, that was pretty sad. A countly divided, man. That's pretty shit. There are something like 50,000 families who have relatives in the north and can't see them. They are all fucked up there anyway. The Dear Leader is a shonk. I will revisit this topic in another update. I know people love my crazy rants. Look forward to it people.

I also went to the USO over there too. I actually went on Thanksgiving day, so I had a big turkey dinner. Here it is. It only cost me like US$7, so it was pretty cheap. Anyway, have a look at my online photo album, I will be adding more photos as I can.

I will take a shot of my camera and other stuff to, so the eager can see what I use when out and about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home