Thursday, October 06, 2005

Happy shopper

I was out and about today doing some work related work stuff, and saw a JB Hi FI. Now they used to be a lot more competitive that they are now. No denying that. With places like this, with the price crawler, I tend to use them instead of going into the shops. But I have been told to pull the head in when it comes to purchasing CDs and DVDs. So I have. But no one told me they have an online store. Fuck, I'm getting a bit tingly. It is not unusal for me to enter JB and walk out with $200 worth of goodies. But as I've said, I have pulled my head in.

Anyway, so I had a purchase. Firstly was a cool Steve McQueen filum called 'Le Mans'. (I got it cheaper in store than they are advertising it here.) I am sure I've seen it, but it is remastered, ace!, and in Dolby 5.1, double ace, and with my partner in England Friday night will mean that I crank up the sound until my ears bleed or someone calls the police. Triple ACE!!!

Then there was the new Clare Bowditch CD - What Was Left. I have Autumn Bone too, and that was a cool CD. She seems a bit 'North Fitroy' in the linear notes. As there is an interesting array of references, only some of them pompus. I hope this is a shit stir, but it probably isn't. I am a simple man, who lives in Hawthorn. Anyway, it sounded like a good CD when I heard some of it on RRR and in JB itself. On the cover, it looks like she has got (as Homer would say) real pretty hair.

Next came '21 Singles' by the Jesus and MaryChain. Like thier stuff, and this adds to my collection. The bloke on the cover has a hair cut very similar to some numnut my sister was going out with in hte late 80s, perhaps she was with Jim or William and I was too uncool to know. Oh, cruel Fate! Really thought the addition of 'Just like honey' onto the Lost in Translation film was great. When I stepped onto Korean soil, that was the CD playing on my iPod.

Also got Gillian Welch 'Revival'. Liked Soul Journey, so went back a bit. I am probably missing one or another, but stuff it. She is wearing a funny dress on the cover. And there is a picture of a shoe on the back. Obvioulsy I am missing something here.

My final purchase was Tex, Don and Charlie 'All is forgiven'. I would have to say that 'Sad but true' is an ULTIMATE GRANT CD (good price at JB too). There aren't many, but it is one that I go back to all the time for a listen. Sad but true is an excellent CD. I hope this CD can match it. I have fucking high expectations, damn it! Anyway, we will have to wait and see. I am off to the gym tonight, so when I am gettin' physical, I will have a listen. Stay tuned.

Here is a nice picture from on top of Franz Josef glacier in NZ which I took earlier this year. My friend Andrew says it looks like Hoth. Speaking of which, I might see about pre ordering the last Star Wars film. It wasn't too bad, but I knew what was coming. The robit nurse who delivered Luke and Leia must have a hard time trying to scratch itself with those paddle things for hands. That's if robots get itchy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home