Friday, June 30, 2006

It’s official: Text messaging is no longer the hip way to communicate

I was watching the news. As I like to keep up with current events.

It was the time of the Australia V. Italy match, and our leader, John Howard, was overseas selling some sort of Australian good to others for nothing.

Anyway, there he was, in his tracksuit looking splendid. And it’s always nice to see the Aussie tracksuit, as the only other place it gets seen is at the TAB or at Highpoint Shopping Centre.

They were both there, him and his missus. I don’t have a lot of time for Mrs Howard. Everything I have heard about her reflects this point further. She goes to Canberra, but rarely stays in the lodge, she goes back the North Shore house the government gives them. She is no patron of any charity or other benevolent society, and I think someone in her position should be at least doing something.

There she was in all her tracksuited glory texting on her mobile phone. She was even doing it with her index finger. Christ, spare me. If the Prime Minister’s wife can’t afford to use a phone then fuck off.

I would be doubtful if she has paid for anything over the last 10 or so, why the fuck does she need to text someone? And she was overseas as well. No doubt enjoying a trip on my tax, and I ask you, why is she needed to go overseas when she isn’t promoting some benefit to Australia. It smells to me like she was on a junket.


Mrs Howard is not some pimply teenage girl who needs to send text messages to her girlfriends on any issue that floats into her head every three seconds. She is almost as old as my Mother, and if Mum doesn’t do it then no one should.

I could get quite mean and nasty here, but I won’t. I'm sure she is a good mother and great support for John on those overseas trips.

It is also Friday and I am in a good mood. So I’ll spare my tirade against Mrs Howard for another day. All I say is that if the PMs wife does it (on a rather antiquate phone too, it looked like) then texting is now official not the hip way to communicate it once was.

Take note pimply teenages! You could end up like Mrs Howard.

I am not up to much this weekend, normal sort of time. I will be at the Club for a short period of time tonight and maybe even back there for s time tomorrow night to help out behind the bar.

That is about it. I am off next week driving around Victoria for work, so I should be able to post some interesting photos of stuff going on while we are away.

Bet you can’t wait for that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home