Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Birthday Boy

It was my birthday on Saturday. I am now 36. I am also more mature than I was last year when I was only 35.

The weekend was lovely. My partner’s sister came up and had her daughter with her. She is a great little kiddie. She cracked the shits on Friday night, I wasn’t here. I was at the Auburn Bowls Club.

I shouted the bar. It cost me $18. I was popular there for a short period of time.

Anyway, on Saturday we went to George’s in Camberwell for breakfast. I had something called “Eggs Atlantic”. It was eggs with hollandaise sauce and smoked salmon. Let’s just say that I won’t be having that again.

My partner had booked a mystery weekend at the Grand Hyatt. I wanted the same room that Gary Ablett was in with that young chick who dies. But it wasn’t to be.

The room was nice, comfy and had everything we needed. For dinner, I was taken to Limeleaves in Little Burke Street. That too was nice. I had some cocktails, beer and wine. Probably a bit too much going by how bad I felt on Sunday.

Sunday was time for Yum Cha with the family here in Melbourne. My sister came up with her partner and young Rex. We got him some clothes from Pumpkin Patch in Camberwell as they are going to their pad on Flinders Island. It was all warm clothes for the young fella.

Mother and father were there. Dad uses a knife and fork to cut up his yum cha. My brother came as well, and his new lady friend was also there. I got some presents, which is always nice, but not the point.

I felt shit all day. Mainly due as a result of too much indulgence. Once we dropped mother and father off, we came home. I think we were home by 12:30, and we were both asleep by 1:30. Woke at 4:30, sat on the couch and did nothing for the rest of the day.

Nice weekend that. We are off to Sydney for the St Kilda match on Friday, so I have another short week. Magic.

I will post some more photos onto the Flickr site soon, so stay tuned. My photos of my trip to Korea will be up there next. I am also going to take the G6 to Sydney with me, so I might even get a few photos onto the Flickr site of my adventures in Sydney.

Keep on truckin'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home