Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Almost done

Today I started in Swan Hill and here I am in lovely Benalla. On the way today I went to: Swan Hill, Shepparton, Numurkah, Cobram and Yarrawonga. It was a fairly long day.

I took the wrong turn off at Kerang and ended up near Serpentine, so it was a hasty left and then through Mitiamo towards Echuca then on to Shepparton.

The public toilets in Mitiamo are the same toilets and change block used for the swimming pool.
I had a peek through the gate and it was obvious that there is no polar bear club in Mitiamo, as there was about five foot of water in the deep end and about 30 centimetres in the kiddie pool.

I needed to go to a toilet, but I couldn’t find one in Yarrawonga, and I wanted to get out of there and back here, as I didn’t have a room.
So I had to drive nearly 100 kilometres needing to go to the toilet. I even thought about pulling over and having one on the side of the road, but I got freaked out about Ivan Milat. They were talking about him on the John Laws show, so I thought it was best to wait until I got here. It was a long wait, but worth it.

Tomorrow should be a good one.
It’s to see someone here, then off to Mansfield and then back to Melbourne Town. I am looking forward to seeing my partner again. It is not much fun up here by yourself. Although I did have a nice meal in the Benalla Bowls Club for $15.50. Fuck, some of the locals were getting into it. Bit sad, but each to their own.

My odometer now reads 1302 since I started yesterday morning, did nearly 460 kilometres today, not as big as yesterday, but enough for me.


Just about to have a beer, and Joe Strummer is on the iPod, so it’s a good night.
The photos below are of the road between Mitiamo and Echuca and then there is the set up I take with me now when I travel around. It is my iPod and my Christmas present from my partner of a iPAL from Tivoli Hi-Fi.

The Tivoli radio is compact enough that I can put it in my bag and travel with it.
Most of these motels have shit radios (and when I've been o/s no radio - it comes the radio comes through the TV), and I’d rather listen to music than watch the TV, so I put it in my bag and I have some sort of music to listen to. I would recommend the radio to anyone, as it runs on a rechargeable battery and also on normal power. I use it all the time.
More later, most likely tomorrow night, if I feel up to it.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home