Wednesday, March 29, 2006

End of Commonwealth Games

On Sunday, I took my dear old mother to the closing ceremony of the Commonwealth Games.

My partner was in the act as a performer. She was one of the 1000 Dame Edna’s. We’ve been going out for nearly 10 years and she has some Edna traits. What they are I will keep secret.

Anyways, it was a good night. Nice weather and a fun show. We were in the Southern Stand which meant that everything was happening the direction away from us. That is the main performers on stage had their backs to us.

Prince Andrew was there, so were some other people. My partner said all the athletes were pretty wasted by the time they ran onto the area to see Johnny Farnham perform. I did get a little lump in the throat when Paul Kelly sang 'Leaps and Bounds'. Nice.

I was going to bring the G6 with me, but I thought it would be hard to get in, so I didn’t. Shame, and shame again. Instead all I had was the N70.

As said previous the N70 is not the photographer’s choice. The shots are pretty ordinary.

It was worthwhile coming in to see it. I have photos below that demonstrate what it was like. I’ve even thrown in one of the Rugby Sevens and I know it is Australia playing but as for the other team I’ve got no idea. Probably some place like Nuie Islands.

They’re a force to be reckoned with! Unless the oceans rise the predicted two meters, I doubt we will hear from them any time soon. Perhaps it’s already happened and no one knows that they are all clinging to coconut shells.

There was an 11 minute Indian extravaganza! Aishwaya Rai was there too. So were some other dancers. Some 1000 of them. Good on them Indians. Lets hope they can stop people shitting in the streets and murdering their unwanted daughters for the 11 days of happiness in 2010!

I’ve also put a photo in of the crush leading to Richmond station. Mum took off! She was ducking and weaving. Luckily she was slowed by the build up at the ticket gates. Here are the photos.


Rugby Sevens at the Telstra Dome. Let's hope St Kilda does better there than Australia did.











Waiting for the fun to start!





All the flashes going off at one time, pre-fun entertainment.




















Icons of Melbourne. This was when Paul Kelly was singing Leap and Bound s.















Sweetheart girls going out to do thier thing.













This is the Indian EXTRAVAGANZA. Julia Roberts says that Aishwaya Rai is the most beautiful woman in the world. There she is. The first thing she did when she got off stage was to take off her shoes.








This is what she was doing before coming down off stage to kick back and watch the rest of the extravaganza on the big screen.










Athletes on the arena rockin' out to some Farnsey. My partners in there somewhere.














Walking to Richmond Station to get the train home. It was a long night. But enjoyable.


Mum said she "thoroughly enjoyed it".








There ends my Commonwealth Games adventure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home