Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Big day

Tomorrow is a big day.

My partner and I are going to be parents tomorrow. I will be a dad, and she a mum.

It's a bit strange, knowing that this time tomorrow night, there will be another being relying on me for food etc.

I'm up for it though! I know that it is a girl and I am looking forward to meeting her. I am also looking forward to saying those famous dad lines: 'Don't tell your mother'.

Hopefully the operation goes well and I will see about putting some photos up too. I have some other photos of my car on various roads and my trip to Flinders Island, but I think the photos of the baby might take priority.

I also made some purchases when my tax hit my account. I have a new screen, it's a ball biter and means that I am not looking at the tiny one that comes on my work computer.

The Z-10 Interactive Speaker System now grace my desk as well. I didn't pay nearly $300 for them either. The bonus with these is that they are USB and don't plug into the headphone jack. That sold it for me. I could have got cheaper ones, but I hate too may wires, so the USB speakers go into a hub and work fine from there.

I went a bit Logitech mad, and also go the Harmony 1000i Advanced Universal Remote. I used to have about 5 remotes on the coffee table, and the boss was always paying out on me because of it. Not now, there is one! It is very easy to use, want to watch TV, press one button and it turns on the amp, TV - swaps it to AV, turns on the Foxtel box and turns on the video (chanel seven comes through that). Easy, and to turn it off push one button also. Set up was good, but you do need to know how your system is set up, once you know that it's easy.

That's all. I was goign to do some work but our content management system has booted me out and won't let me back in, so it's off to bed, as we have to be in at the hospital at 0645 tomorrow morning.

Post more later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home