Friday, May 11, 2007

The Wonder Years

These ain't them.

The title of this post relates to the show. I used to watch it when I was a youngster. Indeed, I even used to watch it while I was an undergraduate studying at a university in rural Victoria.

One of the guys who I lived with then, and I still see now, was going out with a girl with the striking similarity to Winny Cooper. This made for some awkward moments, as everyone knew that Winny was hot! Oh, yes, the 'Coopster' was one hot chickster. Especially to us sex starved undergrad students with too much time on our hands to think about (just) post pubescent girls on TV shows - of which there were many.

Being good red-blooded men (come on, argue with me!) we also thought about other girls too. But they didn't think about us. Or should I say, they didn't think too often about me. So I was left to think about many (many) post pubescent chicks on TV.

Anyways, I was thinking about my week at work. Now that I have a competent staff member on the road, it means that I am not required to travel around picking up the bits that lazy fucks used to not do, because they were 'tired' all the fucking time.

So, mostly my week involves driving into work, dealing with enquiries on the phone, doing other assocaited tasks, and then driving home. Sometimes I go out and see a member and help them with their issues, and either go home or come back to work.

One episode on the Wonder Years, Kevin was asking his Dad, Jack, what he did all day. It was for a school project or similar. Jack said: I get up, bust my hump in traffic, do work, and bust my hump in traffic again. Or some such. Anyway, that has been my week - busting my hump in traffic.

At least I'm not paying for fuel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home