Monday, May 07, 2007

Bike ride

Yesterday, we went for a bike ride.

I have often said that just because I own a bike, there is little or no obligation for me to use. That changed yesterday.

Garry, Jay, my partner and I got up early and rode the Federation Trail, from Werribee to Millers Road and the Westgate on ramp. Fuck, it was a long way, and just kept on going.

If you are going to do it, remember that it dumps you at Millers road with no further direction. We took the right turn and rode to Altona and then onto Williamstown and train home from there.

I did just over 40 kilometres. Not bad for someone who hasn't been on a bike for two years.

I am feeling it now. My thighs hurt, so does my back, and my hands. But the special pain is reserved for my calves.

I am related to Henry VIII. Distantly related, I should say. He was said to have 'regal' calves, and they were quite often commented upon. Mine are regal, and sore. I have had trouble with them for some time, and actually see an osteopath for treatment. I have already booked in for Saturday.

Anyway, it was fun. And once my bum gets feeling in it again, and my regal calves are back their suppleness, I will be up for another one.

Ride on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home